Chocolate Vanilla Marble Ice Cream Bars (Dairy Free, Paleo, Low FODMAP)
WHY MAKE DAIRY FREE MARBLE ICE CREAM BARS?
They're so refreshing, creamy and delicious for a hot day! They’re homemade dairy free chocolate and vanilla ice cream swirled with chunks of my flourless brownies and then drizzled with chocolate. I just bought these cute little silicone ice cream molds I’ve been seeing everywhere and couldn’t wait to try them out.
These are made with full fat coconut milk and gelatin to make them super creamy, and I used a Cuisinart ice cream maker, but as always you can always try not churning and just mixing the ice cream before freezing into bars. It'll work they just won't be AS creamy once frozen.
INGREDIENTS IN DAIRY FREE MARBLE ICE CREAM BARS
Coconut milk or Coconut Cream
Unsweetened Gelatin Powder
Honey or Maple Syrup
Cacao Powder or Rich Cocoa Powder
Paleo Brownie or Cookie Chunks
Dark Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Bar
SUBSTITUTIONS AND SWAPS
1. You can use any ice cream of choice for the chocolate and vanilla ice creams rather than making your own. I love Nada Moo and Coconut Bliss for amazing dairy free and refined sugar free ice creams.
2. Unsweetened gelatin is needed for creaminess for these ice cream recipes. It cannot be substituted! If omitted, the ice cream might be a little icy.
3. Honey or light maple syrup can be used. I like light colored sweeteners so the vanilla ice cream stays white.
4. Almond butter may be omitted if you are allergic to nuts. But it adds a nice thickness to the ice cream!
5. Either cacao powder or a rich cocoa powder can be used. Just make sure it's high quality.
6. Coconut sugar may be replaced with organic cane sugar or any granulated sweetener.
HOW TO MAKE MARBLE ICE CREAM BARS
1. If making your own ice cream, combine the ice cream ingredients in a sauce pan, heat until combined and place in the fridge to set overnight. You then have the option to churn the ice cream mixes in an ice cream maker (recommended), or mix with a hand mixer until creamy. If using store bought ice cream, defrost until they are soft and easy to spoon and spread.
2. Now, you can either lightly swirl together the ice creams in a shallow bowl before spooning into the molds, OR scoop each flavor in a silicone ice cream mold, alternating flavors until molds are full. I suggest adding some brownie chunks or cookie pieces in the middle while you spoon the ice cream in! My flourless brownies are super easy to make and go great with these bars!
3. Place in freezer to set, about 45 minutes.
4. Pop out of molds and and drizzle with extra melted chocolate!
IF YOU MAKE THESE PALEO MARBLE ICE CREAM BARS, LEAVE ME COMMENTS OR RATINGS BELOW. AND OF COURSE TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @GUTSY_BAKER OF YOUR CREATIONS!